The world is overflowing with plastic waste! The global community is starting to embrace the challenge presented by all of the plastic we create. The solution? Designing a better world. Not a world without plastic, but a world in which plastic is used in the right places and as sustainably as possible.
Dassault Systèmes would like to see its tools used to further the innovation of the circular economy for plastic. Good design is the key to solving many of these challenges. Design relies on a wide variety of skills, ranging from engineering, to design, to value prop creation. We invite students from all of these disciplines to choose one of these three pathways to a better world!
By entering this Sustainability Challenge, you can:
- Streamline: transform a product shape to use less plastic;
- Remake: use an everyday plastic product and remake it;
- Link: build or optimize a physical + social network to increase rate of repair, secondary use, and recycling for a product.
We invite students from all of these disciplines to choose one of these three pathways to a better world! Explore them below:
- The Grand Prize winner team (maximum of 5 members in the team):
The project that has obtained the highest number of points from the jury without any distinction of pathway, will be invited 3 days / 2 nights to the Monaco Ocean Week in March 2020 to present their project in front of an expert audience.
- The 3 Pathway winner teams (maximum of 5 members per team):
The Streamline, Remake and Link winner teams will receive a DJI Osmo Action.
- The 3 Pathway second teams (maximum of 5 members per team):
The Streamline, Remake and Link second teams will receive a solar charger.
- Honorable mention prizes: top 20 teams (maximum of 5 members per team) will receive a 3DS "Swag Bag".
- All faculty advisors of prize-winning teams (Sustainability, 3 pathway winner teams and 3 pathway second teams) will be awarded with a plaque.
This project has been developped in collaboration with
Be prepared, get the 3DEXPERIENCE for FREE
Ready to participate in the Sustainability Challenge? Register below to obtain free access to the 3DEXPERIENCE now!
The 3DEXPERIENCE is our latest solution on the Cloud, which brings together CATIA, SIMULIA and SOLIDWORKS all in one place!
How to participate
To participate in the challenge,
1. Choose to participate as a solo applicant, or with a team from 2 to 5 people,
2. Complete the online form available below,
3. Chose the pathway you're interested in (Streamline, Remake or Link).
4. Create your project using the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform from Dassault Systèmes.
Don't forget to check the Learning materials and the support community integrated in the platform.
5. Deliver your project in a dedicated 3DDrive folder into the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
Find all the learning content you need to start working on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform in a few minutes!
Contact for support
Please send an email at Support.3DSAcademy@3ds.com