TP TAPAN KUMAR PADHY
3D PRINTING (VVIT,Guntur)-APSSDC
Created on 2020.06.25 376 views
INTRODUCTION OF 3D PRINTING: A 3d printer is an additive manufacturing technique where 3D objects and parts are made by the addition of multiple layers of material. It can also be called as rapid prototyping. It is a mechanized method where 3D objects are quickly made as per the required size machine connected to a computer containing blueprints of any object. The main reason to use 3d printer is for 90% of material utilization, increase product life, lighter and stronger. 3D printing is efficiently utilized in various fields such as aerospace, automobile, medical etc. ABSTARCT We have focused on design and simulation of a 3D printer of bed (200×180×150) mm^3. We have designed the frame, stepper motor, extruder, nozzle etc. parts by using standard dimensions and assemble by using CAD software. We used “5”stepper motors in these 3D printer one is to control x-axis, one is to control y-axis, one is to control z-axis, one is control extruder and one is to control cooling fan and finally simulation for the assemble . HISTORY
- The technology for printing physical 3D objects from digital data was first developed by Charles Hull in 1984.
- He named the technique as stereo lithography and obtained a patent for the technique in 1986.
- In 2005, Z corp. launched a breakthrough product, named spectrum Z510, which was first high definition color 3D printer in the market.
- The 3D printing is an additive manufacturing technique in which 3D objects are printed with the help of CAD (computer-aided design) software.
- Different processes are available in 3D printing technology are:
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Filament
- Wood Fiber (Cellulose + PLA)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Filament
- Poly Vinyl Alcohol (PVA) Filament
- We used CATIA software it stands for “Computer Aided Tri dimensional Interactive Application”.
- CATIA is an integrated suite of CAD, CAE and CAM applications for digital product development and product lifecycle management (PLM).
- It is product design software developed by Dassault Systems, a French company that delivers 3D design.
- This mechanism uses “5” stepper motors, one for Y-axis movement (To and Fro movement), one for Z-axis movement (Vertical movement), one for x-axis, one for extruder filament and one for cooling fan.
- We have designed the 3D printer by keeping the nozzle catalogue fixed.
- We have design the lead screw with the pitch of 2mm and diameter 12mm
- Display unit is designed to display temperature and cooling fan is designed and placed at the bottom to cool off the circuits.
- A simulation is the re-creation of a real world process in a controlled environment.
- We have done the simulation for test designs for safety. Simulation is done in the workbench "DMU kinematics". First of all, assemble all the part in the workbench "Assembly design" then eliminate all the constraints by applying joints between the parts.
- By keeping the nozzle catalogue fixed the printing bed is moved up and down.
- Product prototyping
- Auto mobile engineering
- The outcome of the project is to design the parts by using CAD software, assemble; giving kinematics to the 3D printer and to stimulate which is used to motivate and integrate for student learning has been completed.
- It is helpful for further analysis and to know up to which load the components withstand and to do fabrication of 3D printer.
Discover the team
Who’s behind this project
Discover the solution
Software used for this project