dt dinesh tej
Analysis of Mach-3 Jet Fighter Air Brake
Alternate Braking Concept for High speed Vehicles
Created on 2019.05.22 162 views
1. Concept Building
- Using 3DExperience platform CATIA, the entire digital model of F-15 Raptor is being analysed to surface to point looking zones which can be build for Alternate braking concept.
- In order to have proper braking using Bluff body concept, the air impinging should have making surface area to impact and dynamical should not alter the stability of the vehicle.
- So the conceptual it would be better to chose a zone near to centre of gravity and for aerodynamics just after the pilot cockpit.
- Considering a laminated composite plate at areas of impact (skins) which consist of 8 layers of equal thickness
- The stacking sequence is [0,90, 45, -45], where orientation angles are defined according to x-axis
- Each ply is a fiber matrix composite where orthotropic properties have been given as input.
- The modelling is considered equivalent layer method.
- The model is assembled & section propertied have been given, a translation element to open the plate and rotational element has been assigned.
- A pressure load have applied at different nodes and job is submitted for analysis.
Discover the team
Who’s behind this project
Discover the solution
Software used for this project