jr jagannath reddy
Design & Development of single seated AUTOGYRO(gyrocopter) using 3D Experience platform of Dassault Systemes.
Product Concept to Launch - End to end product designed digitally, validated digitally (Simulia), engineered simultaneously (Used CAD/DELMIA), prototyped digitally (Used CAD/DELMIA) using multi-disciplinary apps of 3D Exp of Dassault Systemes.
Created on 2019.06.25 1183 views
Description We as students of final year of multidisciplinary background (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics) from Centurion University made this challenging project a reality with following key objectives:
- Design & development of single seated AUTOGYRO(gyrocopter).
- Use of digital multi-disciplinary technology using 3D Experience Platform of Dassault Systemes.
- Commercialise with start-ups, Intellectual Property and/or generate employability
- Target Study & Market Identification
- Benchmarking to develop features of gyrocopter:
- Studied competitor’s product in Gyrocopter in Indian & overseas for ideation/concept building.
- Leveraged VAVE (Vale Analysis Value Engineering) methodology on components /sub-systems
- Developed ‘Make or Buy’ strategy on sub-systems & components of Gyrocopter for cost benchmarking
- Product Technical Specification:
- Wheel base: 2100 mm
- Empty weight:350 kg
- Load capacity:150-200 kg
- Max-take-off weight:550kg
- Engine type:Rotax 582UL
- Cruising speed:70-90kmph
- Rotor diameter:8.4 mts
- Seating capacity:1
- System Engineering of Product - Used CATIA-Dymola:
- CATIA Behavioural Modelling (Dymola) to determine various customer requirement parameters of Energy Supply, Control Unit, Environment, Driving Cycle, Driver and flight dynamic others. RFLP approach followed for Requirement Management, through Functional analysis and Logical Architecture Design to end with Physical Design.
- Energetic dimensioning using Dymola for our freeze customer requirement of Gyro like speed, acceleration and range of gyrocopter, auxiliary loads to subsequently determine rating of Engine.
- Product Design – Using various apps of CATIA:
- Designed all sub-system/aggregates and components like steering, braking,tyre, cock pit,Rotor blade,wings,Main frame,base frame,Engine and propeller Interiors & others based on outcome of System Engineering designed parameters, System, and build CAD model using apps like ‘Part design’ & ‘Assembly Design’ of 3D Experience platform
- Leveraged sketcher app to constrain design dimensions with equations & formulas and make digital model design robust for any changes from iterations.
- Designed welding using ‘Weld design’
- Performed ‘SHOULD COSTING’ to achieve targeted cost of gyrocopter with MAKE/BUY decision / strategic with Supply chain base.
- Designed and validated electrical system & Geometry using ‘CATIA 3D part design’ for electrical parts like potentiometer and ‘CATIA electrical 3d design’ for routing the wire harness for Headlights – Rear & Front, Indicators & others using bundle segment and multi-branchable.
- Integrated gyrocopter with gyrocopter co-ordinate system and intelligent use of ‘Assembly design’
- Simulated gyrocopter built up/exploded view and assembly/disassembly of gyrocopter using ‘CATIA composer’
- Product Validation – Using Simulia
- Carried durability analysis for sub-systems – Axle and Mounting bracket and improved design using Structural scenario, Durability validation & Structural model including Pre & Post processing and solving
- Simulated and calculated torsional stiffness, Vertical & Lateral Bending Stiffness for body with comparative product for improvement.
- Simultaneous Engineering - Using DELMIA & CATIA
- Mechanical & Electrical connections checked for clashes & re-routing
- Manufacturability checked for design parts and improved
- Standardization of parts and part counts improved
- Prototyping- Using DELMIA & CATIA
- Assembled and built prototype digital
- Provided feedback for design improvement
- Digital Marketing/Launch of Product – using CATIA:
- Created visualisation of our gyrocopter using ‘CATIA live Rendering’.
- Digital Mock-up of Rendered product (Interior and exterior) and presented to college management and examiner during final semester exam
- We used end-to-end solution of 3D Experience Platform of Dassault Systemes at each stage of product development for our target AUTOGYRO(gyrocopter) with more innovation in digital space. We learnt domain and technology of Dassault Systemes
- We look forward for funding for development of physical prototype and certification of gyrocopter as start-up.
- It was a great “hands-on learning experience’ and competency development experience using 3D Experience Platform of Dassault Systemes.
Discover the team
Who’s behind this project
Discover the solution
Software used for this project
Check my new project