KT Krishnakumar Thangavel
Smart Glove Box
Optimized control and monitor of various parameters that synchronized with each other.
Created on 2020.06.23 26 views
Smart Glove Box Optimized control and monitor of various parameters that synchronized with each other. ABSTRACT Indian public transportation system is the backbone of Indian economic growth. Current transport industry of India is contributing 5.5% in Nation’s GDP. The Indian transportation sector is fueling through hydrocarbon-based products such as petrol and diesel. These resources are providing plentiful energy but with harmful gaseous emissions. The electric transportation system is an alternative solution to minimize the harmful impact on the environmental. India’s vision is to produce nearly 10 million electric vehicles including two-wheelers and four-wheelers by 2020. According to the Prime Minister’s vision, by 2030 India will adopt 100 percentage electric vehicle transportation system. This project studies the detailed explanation of the smart innovative glove box that requires the fabrication of Li-ion coin cells at a laboratory scale. INTRODUCTION We need to design a conceptualized smart 4-port glove box, which is used for the fabrication of Li-ion coin cells at a laboratory scale. The glove box has polycarbonate glass windows with chamber maintained at concentration less than 1ppm O2 and less than 1ppm H2O purity level. Vacuum pumps are used to evacuate the air inside the chamber via a dehumidifier arrangement (say silica gel packs). Subsequently, to maintain inert atmosphere, suitable inert gas feed valves, which is connected to inert gas cylinders are used. The valves are controlled by solenoids. The chambers will also have a temperature control mechanism. Temperature, pressure and humidity in the main and ante-chamber are monitored. The synchronization of valve operation (opening and closing) is taken care by PLCs. It also needed two rows of shelves for placing chemicals and glass wares. Devices such as a bench-top thermal evaporator, digital weighing balance, and magnetic stirrer isto provide inside the main chamber with suitable AC plug points. Thus, we need to come up with an innovative design of userfriendly smart glove box to improvise the performance and ergonomics compared to the existing technology. NOVELTY / INNOVATION ❖ Replaceable Purifier Cartridges
- The cartridges can be easily replaceable by the user with new S-matrix cartridges.
- No experience is needed as it just like using a charger.
- To ensure the double safety inside the chamber purifier is used.
- Once the life of cartridges over it beep alarm on-screen so that we will know when to change the cartridges over time.
- Easily customizable main and antechambers according to the customer needs.
- It can be extended to a maximum number of ports what customer need depends on their fabrication.
- Extended ports and chambers will have a centralized system to reduce the cost and to maintain the whole lab with a single setup.
- One Press to open and close the door inside the chamber for easy access.
- To Maintain the desired situation inside the chamber at what it maintained this easy close system is introduced.
- Control from anywhere in the world over the internet with the help of the cloud.
- Data records for years are maintained in the cloud.
- Monitored Inside and outside the glove box for safety to users and experiment.
- Emergency light to users if O2 ppm concentration exceeds due to leakage of gases if not it will become a danger to the user life.
- Maintain the O2 and inert atmosphere accurately depends on the experiment.
- To avoid unwanted particulate and contamination in the glove box UV light is used to kill the pathogens inside the glove box.
- For a bio-safe isolator, UV light is used
- Monitoring Inside and outside O2 Concentration of the glove box for safety to users and experiment.
- Emergency light/sound to users if O2 ppm concentration exceeds due to leakage of gases.
- Automatic shutdown of a machine if uncontrolled reaction or values occurred.
- Automatic monitoring and maintaining the condition we required by PID control.
- UV light is attached to avoid unwanted particulate and contamination.
- To ensure double safety we attached replaceable purifier cartridges along with the glove box to remove unwanted gases and humidity.
- The glove box is designed in such a way to see the inside from outside clearly.
- As we were given the best purification system there is no downtime, no forming gas to the lab.
- The optimized design dramatically reduced potential leaks.
- The easy close open system at antechamber helps the user to easily open and close by pressing one switch.
- As it uses two separate removals for oxygen and moister it will maintain the inert atmosphere inside at any situation.
- The user-friendly touch screen and the cloud-based system helps the user to control and monitor the glove box easily.
- It also allows human control in addition to automatic control.
- Window - Polycarbonate glass
- Gloves - Neoprene rubber
- Glove Box - Stainless steel
- Purifier - Polyethylene terephthalate
- Pipe - Stainless steel
- Shelves - medium-density laminate
- Others - Sensors, O2/H20 analyzer, Vacuum pump, inert gas cylinder, PLC, Magnetic stirrer, weighing machine, thermal evaporator, Touch screen, AC plug point and refrigerator.
Discover the team
Who’s behind this project
Discover the solution
Software used for this project
Check my new project